The individual will be responsible for all fixed asset and lease accounting matters in the Financial Control team, including financial reporting under IFRS, and GAAP for US and Group reporting purposes, regulatory reporting to the SEC and other regulatory bodies in addition to reporting to the business units and senior management committees the financial performance of the business units and the company.
Role and Responsibilities
Assist with financial reporting related to fixed assets, capital and operating leases of the company for IFRS, and GAAP reporting purposes, including:
- participating in the month end close process
- closing the books for the month
- analyzing results and ensuring accuracy
- review month end financial statements and report on variance fluctuations
- prepare various head office templates for external reporting at quarter and year end
- reconcile balance sheet and p&l accounts
- prepare and analyze various lease and fixed asset transactions
- assist with internal, SOX and external audit inquiries and prepare necessary workpapers as required.
Work closely with Real Estate Managers and lease manager.
Develop and prepare Fixed Asset and Lease reporting package for CFO.
Assist and initiate process and system changes including as a result of the following:
- new businesses, products or activities
- new reporting/accounting requirements (including the introduction of international standards for Group purposes)
- new systems in Finance and the wider organization
Get involved with various projects as required and support and prepare ad-hoc analysis for CFO and firm business units as requested