The Regional Audit Director will act as technical expert in relation to investment banking products, providing guidance to other members of the audit team.
He/She will be responsible for managing relationships with department heads within Capital Management and Advisory and Financial Services, ensuring that Group Internal Audit (GIA) is up to date with current developments and plans and that the audit plan appropriately addresses the major risks within the area.
This is a hands-on role, incumbent will actively lead audits across Financial Services.
- Overall operational responsibility for a regional/business segment
- Ongoing liaison with relevant Executive Team Management, at least quarterly, to maintain business/risk awareness and provide an update on audit activity
- Lead highly complex or sensitive audits
- Manage the ongoing delivery of the portfolio of audits in conjunction with the respective in charge
- Review all planning documents for upcoming audits and approve objectives
- Review and approve draft observations
- Ensure compliance with audit methodology and ensure that a risk based approach is applied for every audit via regular review
- Ensure execution of follow-ups of audit issues based on the Follow Up Database
- Maintain working relationships with the Executive Team and Senior Management of relevant Global Functions in close coordination with the Global Function Audit Director
- Participate in the Planning and Reporting meetings